“Challenge” is a word of several synonyms, as it is call, invite, dare, exhort, appeal…, that means to do something. Lent is the time which calls for change. There are 40 days of Lent, except on Sundays, because on Sunday we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord. Take effort in every day to fulfill any of the below offered challenges.
1. Let yourself be blessed with ashes.
2. Be involved in charitable works, for example: Fish Fry, help with food deliver
3. Show gratitude to others all day long.
4. Visit your parents/grandparents, the sick or elderly.
5. Approach the Sacrament of Penance.
6. Uninstall apps on your cellphone, which rob your time.
7. Pray for the Pope, bishops, priests, deacons, and your parish family.
8. Donate food to homeless people.
9. Limit noise and try to live more quietly today.
10. Pray to The Mercy Divine Chaplet.
11. Fast from meat or any food you like.
12. Secretly do a good deed, (only God and you know about it).
13. Devote your time to God by praying the Angelus three times a day or any other prayer.
14. Do not watch TV programs or on-line movies.
15. Attend the prayer of the Stations of the Cross in church.
16. Be kind to all today. Do not argue with anyone.
17. Sacrifices in drinking coffee, tea, or pop. Refresh yourself by drinking just water.
18. Pray the rosary.
19. Abstain from sweets.
20. Go to church for adoration.
21. Be tidy in everything you do.
22. Read the Bible for 15 minutes.
23. Phone the one, to whom you haven’t spoken with in a while.
24. At the end of the day, make a list of things you are grateful to God.
25. Pray for peace in the world.
26. Fast from something, which is pleasant to you.
27. Make breakfast, lunch or supper for your relatives, or help to set the table.
28. Attend Mass during the week.
29. Support the charitable projects.
30. Do not use electronic devices, today.
31. Walk through nature and give thanks to God for all of the beauty you see along the way.
32. Read a book about saints or other spiritual literature.
33. Devote more of your time to your family or some one else close to you.
34. Sort through your clothing and give to the poor, which you don’t wear.
35. Read the life of a saint whose memorial is today.
36. Pick up garbage lying on the ground.
37. Read the liturgical readings for the day.
38. Do what you’ve postpone doing for long time.
39. Examine your conscious self well, and entrust everything to God.
40. Read Pope Francis’ encyclical “Laudato Si” (Praised Be) and try to use the natural sources appropriately.