It forms a bond of friendship and involves mutual sharing of gifts, talents and ideas. The Associate Members, either single or married, are encouraged to strive for holiness in everyday life and lead an exemplary Christian life, while remaining in her/his own home and life situation.
The Associates share in the redemptive mission of the Sisters of the Divine Redeemer by:
- Deepening their own personal relationship with the Lord,
- Becoming acquainted with and emulating the community’s spirit of redemptive love;
- Growing in the knowledge of the Congregation’s history and of the life of the Foundress, Mother Alphonse Marie Eppinger,
- Manifesting the spirit of Jesus in their contacts, in their family, scholastic, business or social surroundings;
- Participation in service to the Church, the poor and the needy.
The Associate member desires to be a witness of the all-embracing love of God, and in this way, to participate in the great work of the world’s redemption. This is the spirit of redemptive love.
Though the commitment is the same for all associates, its implementation will differ, depending on the associate’s life situation, circumstances, and other commitments.